Monday, September 30, 2013

Info. on Cold Calling

So I came across an article in my Advantages Magazine that gets sent to me every so often, and it had some interesting information that I thought would be helpful to share with everyone. It talks about how you can turn cold calling into "warm calling," and it could be a very effective way to get the most out of your interactions with potential customers. This is especially helpful because I know Bryce (the host of the No Dues Group) hates "sales type" people when they call inquiring about their product. I do, too, but it is the nature of our business. So there's a right way and a wrong way in approaching the cold call angle for your leads.  Here's a few tidbits I am writing down from the magazine article (Advantages, September 2013 issue, pg 35-38):

1) Meet people in casual situations, and talk to them what they want to talk about. Build your network, and then ask for referrals.

2) You need to be informed BEFORE you make a call. This helps "craft a targeted opening statement for an initial e-mail or voice mail" and "pique curiosity" as well as "personalize the call."

3) Be positive and treat the person you are talking to respectfully and professionally

4) Be aware of what will create "a demand for your services" and use that to create "bridges" to your next prospect.

A lot of my "warm calling" has been to schools, churches, and various clubs. It's been a challenge developing the perfect thing to say to get people to direct me in the right direction. In the past, it has not been one of my favorite things to do, but lately, I've actually come to enjoy talking to another adult on the phone. Most people are really nice, and it's probably because I try to hand craft each conversation and ask the right questions. I've actually had some great conversations with strangers, and receive some great research information as well as direct contact to the decision makers. I am hoping that with this new advice, I can secure some new yearbook agreement leads and custom t-shirt orders.

Donna Umali
Owner
DMP Printing
818-843-2019
www.dmpprinting.com

No comments:

Post a Comment